Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Thursday, August 03, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Now for the big reveal...

I have traded the Sydney Olympic 2000 games shirt for a signed photo of Peter Beardsley provided by SoccerBid.co.uk (Not the photo pictured below!!!).

"Who?" Some of you may ask. Peter Beardsley was a footballer (soccer if you are from a country other than mine), a great footballer who played for England and countless club teams and is regarded as one of the best players this country has ever had.

Who is the photo signed by? Peter Beardsley of cousre!


He doesn't sign many photos, some say that he is happy with the amount of money he has - unlike other footballers who are desparately trying to clear their gambling debts - others say it is on account of how ugly he is. I'll let you decide.

There are signed photos of Peter Beardsley on ebay but they are tatty and flea-bitten on the whole. What would you give for a signed photo of one of the greatest footballers to grace the pitch. Remember the eventual aim is to make as much money for charity as possible by getting to a great final item so please think of things that you would like to trade and email me or leave a comment to take part in the next trade.

Until then, enjoy my Peter Beardsley fascinating facts below.

Peter Andrew Beardsley was born January 18, 1961 in Newcastle, England.

He played during his teenage years for Wallsend Boys Club where the likes of Alan Shearer and Michael Carrick also started out

Peter Beardsley has played for the following clubs:

Carlisle
Vancouver White Caps
Manchester United
Newcastle United
Liverpool
Everton
Bolton Wanderers
Manchester City
Fulham
Hartlepool United

That's a lot of clubs. The move from Newcastle to Liverpool in 1987 was for a then record fee of £1,900,000 - seems like small change now.

Peter Beardsley played for England 59 times, his most prolific times coming whilst working in a partnership with Gary Lineker.

He has two goals in the top 50 England goals of all time.

He is one of only two players in history to have scored against Liverpool while playing for Everton and against Everton while playing for Liverpool.

He played in the 1986 and 1990 FIFA World Cups.

He was awarded an MBE in 1995.

I hope you have more of an idea about just how much this item is worth now, please bid generously.

Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 3:10 pm, Blogger Erin said...

Awesome trade! I have to admit, I have no idea (damned Yank!) who this guy is, but a signed photo of a famous sports figure who doesn't usually pass out signed photos is always good!

I don't think I have any idea what you'll get in trade to beat it, which means unfortunately, I don't have anything to trade (I really wanted to be in on the trading! haha) but I can't wait to see what you get next!

 
At 4:11 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Glad to see my previous Sydney 2000 Olympic Uniform shirt has made for a great uptrade.

I must also admit I don't know who the guy is but hey, I didn't know about soccer until Australia qualified for the World Cup final 16 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home