Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Monday, July 31, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

I got my first hard-copy news story a couple of weeks ago. After writing to my local newspaper and TV stations I got nothing but GUCH put me in their newsletter. I have copied the article below for the world to see.

"Paul Youngson has come up with a novel fundraising idea on the internet for GUCH PA. He is hoping to swap an old rope for something slightly better, in fact he already had had a response -- someone has offered him some craft scissors for the rope. He will then swap the scissors for ???? This will continue on for 18 months and the final article will then be auctioned off and the proceeds will go to GUCH PA.

At the time of this going to press, Paul has already 'swapped' his scissors so if you would like to check out his progress or join in and offer something, please visit Paul's Website
"

Granted it is a little out of date but I am proud.

Next to my little article was an article about chest pain. I have been experiencing chest pain for some time; it is not very often but when you have had problems with your heart in the past it really freaks you out. I went to the cardiologist recently and was given the all clear but I still get chest pain now and then. I believed that it must be muscular but it was exactly where my heart is.

Anyway back to the article. It said that one big cause of chest pain was a legacy of open heart surgery. If your bones do not heal properly then you can have pain there. I think this explains it for me, and I am so happy about finding this out that I have to put it here in case it helps someone else.

There have been a lot of changes to the site recently including my piece of rope used as a border (look upwards) and a Guest Map in the right-hand sidebar. Please sign my Guest Map because I would love to know where you are from, it works off Google Maps and I think it is an excellent tool for any website so feel free to steal the idea.

Tim - my trader for the scissors to the tee shirt - has received his first offer of a trade; he is trading by starting with a zipper to signify the scar that many of us have on our chests as a result of open heart surgery. Please support him by going to his blog.

That's it for now, have a great day.

3 Comments:

At 2:41 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

I have said this before but it is really great to hear of your experiences such as these so we get an idea of what the babies, toddlers that can't really verbalise, are experiencing.

Thanks also for the support ... i'm sure it won't be long before you are getting further press coverage.

 
At 11:23 am, Blogger Dan said...

One small step at a time... A little news snippet here and there will soon increase once it gets onto the wires, as it were.

Have you tried your local press yet? The glossy mags and national papers monitor the local papers for interesting stories... Three times our local did something about Bethy, and we ended up in a national paper, a glossy mag, and after we lost her, in another mag.

Let them come to you :)

 
At 1:50 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Hi Paul

It must be close to time to reveal that mysterious third trade.

Bring it on!

Zipper Challenge

 

Post a Comment

<< Home