Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Thursday, July 27, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Pop Quiz Hotshot...

It is time for the inaugral Money For Old Rope quiz. Aren't you lucky people. It won't be like the old days of school where you had to learn the 16 times table rote fashion or the capitals of every East African nation. No, this one is open book; you have all the information in front of you.

What awaits the winner? A Car, a Speedboat, how about a set of steak knives; no, actually you will just get eternal adulation when your name is printed next to your winning answers on this blog. Just email me the answers or leave a comment on this blog. I will announce the winners tomorrow.

1. Okay, easy one first. What was my last completed trade for?
a) A Sydney 2000 Olympics official's shirt
b) A Sydney 2000 Olympics official's shoe
c) A Sydney 2000 Olympics official

2. I would like to say that they get harder from here but they probably don't. How many babies are born with congenital heart disease?
a) 8 in 1,000,000
b) 8 in 1,000
c) 80 in 1,000

3. What tattoo do I have?
a) A dragon
b) A rose
c) David Beckham

4. Where did I make my first trade?
a) Bulgaria
b) The Wirral
c) David Beckham

5. Which of these celebrities has congenital heart disease?
a) Dennis Rodman
b) Tiger Woods
c) Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. What is my dog's name? Ah, getting a bit more difficult now aren't we.
a) Tarantino
b) Spike
c) Quentin

7. Really difficult one now. How many big scars do I have as a result of my heart operations?
a) One
b) Two
c) Three

8. That last one wasn't really fair so I'll give you an easy one now. Which charity am I supporting with this blog?
a) GUCH
b) RSPCA
c) RSPB

I think I'll finish it there. If you want to submit an answer then just send me a string of the letters that you think are the correct answers. eg. abcabcab

Have fun.

7 Comments:

At 1:16 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Firstly the big reveal ... I am the same person as previously posting under Andrew & Renee for our Heart Kids in Australia Blog.

Having a law enforcement background I am quite sceptical and cautious about the Internet having writing under a psuedonym however given my decision to follow Paul's lead in relation to uptrading for a heart charity (following correspondence with Paul out of respect), I need to be transparent and thus you now see my name is Tim ONeill. Paul was aware of this but respected my wish to use a penname. Note I did not try to hide this at my Heart Kids site clearly indicating the names were psuedonyms.

Anyway I am extremely excited about how much traffic and interest is being generated by money-for-old-rope ... well done Paul.

Keep up the good work and I will still be back every day.

 
At 1:17 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

By the way, the answers to the quiz ..
a,c,a,b,c,c,b,a hopefully I have them right and haven't copied them wrong.

Am I correct ... am I first

 
At 1:38 pm, Blogger worsthotels said...

Close but no cigar for you. No cigar for anyone actually because there is no prize for this quiz.

Keep the answers coming and see if you can beat Tim's excellent attempt.

Paul.

 
At 7:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

abcbccba

 
At 12:03 am, Blogger worsthotels said...

One more very close answer, my two previous trading partners are both in the lead with 7 out of 8 each.

Can you beat them???

 
At 5:04 am, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Whoops ... my mathematics has failed me .. mmmm 1 in 100 would be closer to 8 in 1000 rather than 80 in 1000 .. bugger .. that's what happens late at night.

I think Angela may have made a mistake on the letter on 3 or is she making a Beckham statement?

Summary
Let go again .. do we get a 2nd chance??

a,b,a,b,c,c,b,a

 
At 9:15 am, Blogger worsthotels said...

Congratulations,

those are the correct answers. I'm afraid that the rules of the game are that only the first answer is accepted. But well done anyway.

Paul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home