Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Tuesday, August 08, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

In my absence yesterday Emma posted comments about Lucy. Lucy underwent a heart transplant yesterday as her CHD is inoperable. All our thoughts are with Lucy as she recovers from this surgery and we hope that she can become a big strong GUCH.

It is great that heart transplants can be undertaken effectively to try to cure heart issues but it is very sad that these issues occur in the first place. When many people think of congenital heart disease they do not think that it could affect someone in such a devastating way. There is still a lot of knowledge to be spread about the effects that it has, not only on the children but also on their parents.

I know that when I tell people that I have congenital heart disease many instantly link it to cholestorol and wonder how I could have heart disease at such a young age. This is maybe the fault of all those adverts for anti-smoking and healthy living - which I am all for - we are told all of the time that if we don't look after ourselves then it will affect us later.

There is not much education about the issues that can't be controlled such as congenital heart disease and I can see why; if you have congenital heart disease then you learn about it, if you don't then you don't.

This makes campaigns such as GUCH's campaign to get free prescriptions for GUCHs much more difficult as the people without congenital heart disease don't have the knowledge about it that we have.

Once again I have finshed somewhere completely different from where I started. Please forgive me for that, I guess I am trying to get some issues off my chest, I am also trying to start some discussions in the comments section so please leave a comment about whether you agree or disagree with what I have said.

Back to the start. Good luck Lucy, I hope one day GUCH will be able to help you as much as they help others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home