Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Monday, August 14, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Apologies for my long absence but I have been away with business and, although I thought I would be able to update this blog I could not. The reason I couldn't was because in order to remote access your computer you have to have no big files on your desktop. Microsoft 1, Paul 0.

Microsoft then told my work that I was using Firefox (Use new button in blog tools section to get Firefox) to browse the internet and not Internet Explorer so that was that gone. Microsoft 2, Paul 0. But I have included a link here to Firefox so I have pulled one back on Microsoft.

It remains 2-1 to Microsoft at the moment but we'll see how that goes, maybe I'll buy a Mac but that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face and quite possibly an own goal giving Microsoft a 3-1 overall win.

Not heart related whatsoever but let me know your own frustrations with Microsoft so I know that its not just me. While you're in that anti-big-company place in your mind, visit my new favourite artist's website.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

My beef is with the mobile carrier 3.

We bought two phones on a contract (yes not smart I know) last Christmas and was assured that LG had resolved any problems with phones.

My phone locked up within a week so that was fine, it was replaced. Tarnya's stuffed up recently so she lost it for two weeks whilst it was fixed. The phone retailer gave her a loan phone (very generous) with one problem, the last user of the phone had left some serious private material on the phone. The retailer also said she would lose all 7 of the games she had downloaded $49 worth but 3 would refund the amount and we should be compensated for the 2 week loss of the phone.

Well in actual fact Three were going to refund $7 until I went through account by account to prove where the seven games had been purchased. However despite the games being "buy and own" apparenlty you must use them up after 3 months and not want them anymore as after 3 months they will not refund the money even if you lose it through the fault of the phone, a 3 LG phone. After some argument they thought I was content with an agreement to refund $27 ... wrong ... in Paul's words Three 1 .. Tim 0.

Then we travelled to the country on the weekend and as we left the 3G network and went onto roam with the backup network, my phone locked up and wouldn't come back to life until we got back in the 3G zone. This is despite Tarnya's phone having full strength right next to mine. A week before I was driving in the country when the same thing happened .. you wouldn't want to use the phone in an emergency .. one main reason for having it.

Three 2 - Tim 0

Finally our home is in a very poor coverage area - flat ground near the beach and the phone goes from one bar signal strenth in 3G area to nil. The other network should kick in but in reality it sits with one bar and when people call it goes straight to message bank and then I can't even retrieve my message without walking out of the house and down the road.

Three 3 - Tim 0

So it is time to break the contract .. but I won't go down without a fight. Three separate phones with 3 problems and crap reception in the Adelaide metropolitan area should get interest from the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman ... look out Three .. I am on the warpath.

The Special Zipper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home