Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Wednesday, August 23, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

I handed my notice in at work today!!!

My job, which I have never written about before, was Safety Case Consultant for a nuclear based company. It was my part of my job to write reports on how safe nuclear facilities are both in England and in the rest of the world.

I decided that I would like to move into academia as it would be a much bigger challenge mentally but it would also give me a much more flexible work-life. I have chosen a PhD in Chemical Vapour Depostion and I start in around a months time. I really can't wait.

I was very nervous today about actually handing my notice in today even though I had been dreaming about how great it would be for the past week. But I did it and it felt very liberating. I have been walking around with a big smile on my face all day.

In some ways I will miss having a structured work-life, you always knew were you were and what was expected of you but I will also enjoy having to make more of my own decisions about my work.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

missed commenting on this as I have been away for a few days. Well done on taking the step you have. I worked in the nuclear industry for 20 years, and left the company last year. In fact it is about 12 months now since I earned myself a monthly pay packet. It feels so much better not to face the stress and pressure of being in a work routine. I've not even bothered to fill my time with something as taxing as studying. I'm still thinking what to do next.

 
At 9:46 pm, Blogger Lilian said...

Well done! All the best for the PhD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home