Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Wednesday, June 28, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

I'm into my seventh week of trading now.

If things carry on at this speed then I will have an amazing item to auction at the end. I envisioned that getting started would be the hardest thing but my first trade came within a week of starting. There will be slow patches down the line but I am hopeful that the quest will keep on rolling for the next 16 months.

What will I do with the final item, where will I auction it? The first place that comes to my mind is EBay. They have sold the following humourous items purely on the basis that they have generated publicity:

Old Rope
Voodoo Toy
A Cheese Sandwich

If I can generate enough publicity then the final item will be a piece of history rather than just an item and it may go for more than it's worth. Alternatively, with enough publicity a large auction house would be happy to sell it. Also with it being for charity many places would waive the fee for selling it.

Let me know what you think.

3 Comments:

At 7:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait and see what the final item is, then it will be easier to determine the best place to auction it. Is there a special date in 16 months time to end the trade on? I can't remember if I read something about that before or not.

 
At 2:29 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Greetings

All right ... I'm feeling lonely. Angela of the UK leaves a comment here and there and so do I ... but if it wasn't for the site counter I would think no one else is visiting the site.

By the way, congratulations on reaching 600 unique visitors .. the first 1000 won't be far off.

I challenge someone to leave a comment in fact I dare you .. come on folks ... you have plenty to offer .. help make my daily visits to this blog more interesting ... sorry Mr Youngson .. not that you don't supply interesting material :)

Heart Kids In Australia

 
At 2:31 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

By the way, I think eBay is an excellent tool to sell an item as it is global and if there is enough publicity by then it will get a good run.

However your other idea also sounds interesting ... I don't really know much about auction houses except when I see on tv something of Sir Donald Bradman's has been auctioned ... hey there's some upcoming rivalry .. The battle for the ashes (since we have bounced out of the World Cup).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home