Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Wednesday, June 21, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

I am 23; that means I am a child of the 80's.

The 1980s were such a great time to grow up. We get to look back at all of the fashion disasters and say "I was only four". I have just rediscovered my very favourite TV show of all time - PUGWALL.

If you haven't watched it or can't remember, it was an Australian show about a geeky kid who had a band that played in his garage. I found the theme tune here and I realised that dispite not watching the show for 15 years I knew all of the lyrics, how weird is that.

As I listened to the theme tune, all of the 1980s came flooding back to me -

The Power of Grey Skull
Fraggle Rock
Wax on, wax off
Ice ice baby
Challenge Anneka
Zippy
Pat Sharp
Timmy Mallet
Micro machines
Kylie Minogue
Gummy bears
Transformers (Robots in disguise)

Well, Pugwall got cancelled and they all did bit-parts in Neighbours and that was the end of the 1980s. I hope that you appreciate it as much as I did.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 am, Blogger Lilian said...

Hi Paul, thanks for the message on my blog. I would love to help, but not sure whether I have anything to trade with you! What is your latest item to trade - not sure where to look for this on your blog. It is a great idea, and I hope you do well. Could I add a link to your blog on my blog please? I will also pass on the link to friends and family.

All the best,

Lilian

 
At 12:28 pm, Blogger Lilian said...

Hello again,

Thanks for your message. Sorry I don't have my email address on my blog, maybe I should think about putting it on!

You have inspired me to put more 'heart' related things on my blog. I'm not sure why I haven't done this before.

Sorry also because I obviously wasn't actually looking very hard and have now seen where you wrote about the shirt! But maybe it would be good to have something in the sidebar about the latest item for trading - just for ease of use (for lazy people like me!)

Anyway, all the best,

Lilian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home