Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Thursday, June 22, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Greetings all .. Andrew from Australia here.

As reported by Paul I received the 18 pairs of craft scissors earlier in the week along with a piece of history in a small cut of the old rope which commenced the awareness/fundraiser.

To keep things moving on I have taken photos of the scissors and myself (don’t be scared now) holding the piece of old rope. Whilst I would have liked to get some local background in the picture ie Adelaide General Post Office or one of our local beaches, it is winter in Australia and it is dark by the time my wife and I are all home from work so I had to orchestrate the automatic timer on the camera set ontop of a Tuperware biscuit container (don’t know whether you have Tupperware but it is expensive storage containers and other kitchen type utensils but of good quality) to come up with the photo.

Perhaps down the track I can send in some photos of some local scenes which I was going to suggest may be interesting but you folk determine that.

Whilst I had no role in the conception of the idea “Money for Old Rope”, I would like to encourage others to take part or even tell other to “take a squiz (look) at the blog” to increase the awareness for Congenital Heart Disease (CHD).

Whilst Paul will probably not say anything, this trade cost Paul and I with postage for the airmail trade. Whilst minimal it still shows that Paul is committed to achieving the best possible result.

Paul will obviously have more to say about looking for the next trade but I would just like to say, cmon .. make me feel like the Sydney 2000 Olympics Official’s shirt worn by myself, such an athlete as you can see, is worth a trade to the next level.

Ciao now

Andrew

www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

(friend of www.money-for-old-rope.blogspot.com)



2 Comments:

At 3:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew (G'Day Mate),

Glad the craft scissors arrived, and I really hope that a good offer is made for the shirt.
I have only just noticed that you are in Adelaide. My Mum's cousin lives there - and Mum visits there now and then. I guess Adelaide is a big place though, so doubt if you will know Audrey and Gerald (Ged) - but thought it was worth mentioning, stranger things have happened.
I really hope that more people will start leaving comments soon. Paul deserves to see this idea take off. So, come on people. What will you offer Paul for the Aussie shirt?

 
At 11:56 am, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Hi Angela

I'd like to say I am well known through Adelaide but that would be an immense lie .. and yes we may be a small city but we still have a population of 1 million +.

Although I wouldn't have been surprised as I have holidayed in Bali and seen a work colleage at the shopping centre (not knowing they were going), I do not know an Audrey and Gerald.

We kept a few sets of scissors for CJ to use, and two sets for friends childrens and I gave the rest to the childcare/kindergarton where CJ will go again after winter .. on Doctor's advice we have withdrawn him for the next three months over winter to try to keep him in best possible health.

Cheers now
www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

PS Great work to the Aussie Socceroos for not throwing in the towel with all the contraversial game against Croatia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home