Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Monday, June 26, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

I have decided that I am getting a tattoo.

It is going to be a dragon on the top of my left arm. It is a bit scary thinking that I am going to do this but I'm not going to back out of this one. I will get it for a birthday present next month and then there is no way I can back out.

The question arises in my mind; do I have to tell the tattoo artist about my heart condition? I would take an educated guess and say no, but then most people are surprised when they hear that it is an issue at the dentist.

I thought I had better check before I get it done, if I don't get an answer here then I will put it to the message boards at GUCH.

Has anyone reading had a tattoo? The thing that I am most worried about is whether or not it will hurt. I can take a pin prick from a needle but I'm not sure whether I could take thousands of pin pricks for a sustained time.

Let me know your stories about tattoos and any advice you have.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it! Why would you voluntarily put a permanent scar on your body through choice? Something that you might not like a few years down the line, but you won't be able to remove. If you do go ahead with it make sure you speak to your GP first, as I am almost sure that you will need antibiotic cover. The same as the dentist, because of risk of bacteria getting to your blood stream. You will also need to make sure you use a reputable tattoo parlour as you will need to make sure that they have the utmost hygiene regime in place. There are a few people on the GUCH board who have tatoos so listen to what they say too. I really hope you change your mind!

 
At 12:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you require antibiotic cover for the dentist you will need it for a tattoo and also any piercing (just in case you think of that too)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home