Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Tuesday, May 23, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

There's no such thing as a free lunch,

or at least that's how the saying goes; which is probably why subway wouldn't take my vouchers the other day. I have also lost my hitcounter that was on the right hand side of this page because the free trial was up; I did however manage to record 165 unique visits from 12 different countries in just 15 days.

Charity, however, can be the proverbial free lunch. People give with no expectation of return, apart from the feeling they get from knowing they have helped someone less fortunate than themselves. In this respect charity is win-win.

It is for this reason that I have always been fascinated by charity. It is the best of human kind and one of the reasons I started this blog. One unintended consequence of this project is that people may be inspired to start their own fundraiser which has a unique twist to it and if just one such fundraiser comes as a result of this then I will be very happy.

If you need advice on starting your own fundraiser, even if it is not blog based, then drop me an email and I would be happy to help you.

Have a great day.

4 Comments:

At 1:36 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Hi Paul

Firstly let me say I have learnt a valuable blogger lesson .. don't try a link in your post unless you have saved your text or you will end up losing it like I did ... them the breaks.

Anyway ...

For the 3 years of our sons life (well the last 1.5 that he has actually avoided hospital) I have had grand ideas to get awareness of congenital heart disease and raise funds to support the cause.

In this case it may help assist some families as in South Australia, families have to travel to Melbourne (almost 1000 kms away which is approx. 600 miles) for open heart surgery. As if the surgery isn't stressful enough without being away from home, worried about your job etc.

However we also recognise that we are lucky we have access to such surgery as we know it is not accessable in all countries.

Happy to hear some tips and am keeping a keen eye on this effort.

I hope to be in touch real soon with a very Australian trade.

Cheers now
www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

 
At 2:31 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Hi Paul

I have been searching high and low around the house and have found my collectable items.

I would like to offer you a trade of one genuine bonds (medium) sized Sydney 2000 Olympic Uniform Shirt as worn by me whilst conducting technical duties in Sydney back in 2000 (wow it only seems like yesterday).

In return I would be happy to accept some craft scissors which I am sure a kindergarton (pre school) I know could utilise.

Let me know if you wish to trade and I will place in the post by airmail.

I have sent photos to your email address.

Over to you ....
www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

 
At 10:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! How exciting is that! A trade all the way to South Australia. I don't think you will be taking a drive out there on a Sunday evening to do the swap. Still it steps it up a peg or two, got to get something decent to swap now for an olympic uniform shirt.

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger Erin said...

The best ever (and totally FREE statcounter

I'm trying to think of things I'd have that would be even close to the value of that shirt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home