Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Sunday, May 21, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Good morning,

It is raining here; it has been raining constantly for the past few weeks now. They are still threatening a hosepipe ban though. Welcome to the great british summer.

In defiance of the weather, there is only one sane thing to do: have a bonfire. I will not be defeated, I will burn all of the wet wood that is in our back garden. Wish me luck.

In other news, the number of visitors from far flung countries is increasing, so hopefully the message is being spread and I could possibly see my first international trade. I am looking for ideas for publicity, features, etc. I am also looking for peoples experiences of growing up with congenital heart defects that may be of inspiration to others, is it different in different parts of the world, do you feel that it has made you stronger as a person or are you looking to people to show you how to cope.

Have a good day wherever you are and don't let the weather get you down.

1 Comments:

At 8:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.potlatchfoundation.org/argent05.htm

I have been in touch by e-mail with a friend in Argentina for many years now. He is a cardiologist, that's how we first got in touch. Recently he contributed some photographs for a web based project. I sent you the link above as it has a photo of a young girl having an ECG. It could have been taken in this country in the 70's. It is a very poor hospital that he works in. He works very long hard hours. He has a student coming to study with him from Australia in September. So, your interest in how things are different in other parts of the world would be highlighted then. Australia to Argentina. I also have a heart friend that lives in Boston, MA. He was born the same year as me, that's how we got in touch. He always appears to have much more preventative treatment, and has had loads more surgery. But then, no two of us GUCH's are the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home