Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Wednesday, May 17, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Bom dia República Portuguesa,

I have recorded over 100 visits in 1 week now. Thank you also for all of the messages of support that I have been receiving from all over the world.

A little about me now: I was born with a congenital heart defect that allowed blood to flow across my heart in a way it normally shouldn't. I also had a problem with the valve on my aorta (the artery that takes blood away from the heart) which meant blood wasn't flowing as well as it should around my body.

I had open heart surgery twice and was in and out of hospital numerous times as a child. The doctors have patched me up fairly well, but I was underdeveloped as a child, I didn't play sports as much as other kids and used my heart problems to get out of things that I did not want to do.

I remember a turning point in my life when I asked the cardiologist about whether or not I could take a stressful job when I left university. He told me that I should never lower my quality of life because of something I was born with; if there were to be any problems due to me living my life to the full then they would deal with them when they arose. Take the stressful jobs, play sports, do anything, but don't worry about your heart. So I did.

This is just a small opening onto my life and I hope that you will continue to read this blog as often as you can as I explain the everyday things that do affect me such as trips to the dentist, obtaining insurance, etc.

Have a great day.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Hi Paul

Dentist I was aware of but insurance ... please tell us more or is this another thing we really need to know about but really don't want to hear?

Regards
www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home