Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Friday, May 12, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Drum roll please,

I have had my first offer of a trade. I received the following comment last night:

Anonymous said...
The saying "Money for old rope" comes from the days when people would actually want the rope that a hangman had used. Gruesome. So as to maximise his proft the hangman would cut the rope into smaller lengths to sell it off. So, I am prepared to make the first exchange by offering a pair of scissors. This way if you get a few good offers you could have more than one bid going by cutting up the rope first. By the way the scissors will have to be a blunt craft pair so as to protect people who are not old enough to be using scissors. Not sure how easy they will cut through your old rope. Well, that's my offer, take it or leave it. A blunt pair of craft scissors for a piece of the old rope.

I like it, it is educational, interesting and relevent. I hope that the person that left this message will email me with their details so we can trade, you can do this via my profile on the right hand side. Hopefully I can then report back my first trade. Hooray.

2 Comments:

At 2:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've e-mailed you from my home account, and also told you who I am on the GUCH web site. Good Luck with this!

 
At 12:08 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Paul

Great to see you are off to a flying and quite innovative start.

All the best in process. As I said in a recent post on www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com we support anyone aiming to raise awareness of congenital heart disease. For those that are unaware, 1 in 100 babies are born with a congenital heart defect. Further statistics, information and a personal story of our 3 year old toddler having undergone open heart surgery twice, and a heart catheter once, can be viewed at www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

Once again all the best in the journey, I will be keeping an interested eye on progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home