Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Thursday, May 11, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Good morning,

I was hoping to have my posts online by 9am each morning but I'm already slipping down a very slippery slope. I promised I'd write a bit about my chosen charity so here it is:

The Grown Up Congenital Heart Patients' Association (GUCH) began in 1993 with funding from the British Heart Foundation and became a charity little over a year later. Its main aims are to provide a support network of patients via events, its website, providing advice etc. and to promote awareness about the existence and needs of grown ups with congenital heart disorders.

This is just a small snippet of what they actually do and if you want more information then please visit their website via the link on the right hand side.

More on my quest and I welcomed my first international visitors yesterday as you can see from the hitcounter. I hope that this will lead to many more visitors from around the world. My plan for today is to try and get as many heart charities involved in publicising this blog as possible. After all the final result will be for the common good.

1 Comments:

At 10:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The saying "Money for old rope" comes from the days when people would actually want the rope that a hangman had used. Gruesome. So as to maximise his proft the hangman would cut the rope into smaller lengths to sell it off. So, I am prepared to make the first exchange by offering a pair of scissors. This way if you get a few good offers you could have more than one bid going by cutting up the rope first. By the way the scissors will have to be a blunt craft pair so as to protect people who are not old enough to be using scissors. Not sure how easy they will cut through your old rope. Well, that's my offer, take it or leave it.
A blunt pair of craft scissors for a piece of the old rope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home