Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Monday, July 10, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

I've had a couple of days off, I hope you didn't mind too much.

Although I've not left a blog, I have spent time putting it out there to the general public so hopefully the numbers will increase over the next few weeks and I can get that all important third trade. I figure that it will come from someone new so I have to try and get as many new people as possible.

A quick recap on where we stand today. I began with a piece of rope and a blog I named 'money-for-old-rope', I very quickly picked up my first trade through a gruesome discovery of the meaning of the term 'Money For Old Rope'. The trade was for 18 pairs of craft scissors, kindly given to me by Angela from the Wirral. I had a fun evening racing around the North-West of England eventually ending up at the ground of Tranmere Rovers, Prenton Park where I made the trade.

My second trade occurred when a kind man named Andrew from Australia decided he wanted to be a part of the adventure by trading an Olympic Official's tee-shirt that he wore whilst officiating at the Sydney Olympic Games. The scissors were then put to good use by local school children and his own child who has Congenital Heart Disease, which is what this quest is all about.

The aim from the start has been to not only raise money but also to raise awareness of people living their everyday lives with Congenital Heart Disease and whilst my CHD under control, there are many people out there who are not as fortunate. If you like this blog then keep coming back, leave your opinions or even take part in a trade.

Have a great day.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 am, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Hi all

As an outsider, this adventure appears to be at the point of needing a promotional injection which Paul is certainly working on.

However we can all help. I have today sent a carefully targetted email (definitely not spam) to a group of people in an attempt to bring more people in.

It doesn't take much and it could make a huge difference.

Remember I am not even in the UK and my son will not benefit as such from funds going to GUCH, but greater awareness of Congenital Heart Disease is still a great thing in my opinion.

www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home