Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Tuesday, June 13, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

My favourite book:

I read the gunslinger by Stephen King one summer when I was in Spain; the characters and the landscapes it described were absolutely incredible. I was disapointed at the end as it didn't really seem to conclude very well and it was more like a short story than a novel although the length of it was somewhere inbetween the two.

I found out later that the book was part of a series of four, but it was the third book that really captured my imagination; The Waste Lands. The book is intense in its adventure and the characters have really grown, but the best part of the book is again the landscapes that King creates. They are phenomenal in their richness and the pictures they can conjure in your own imagination. I really have to recommend this series of books to anyone who likes to read.

The book is actually part of a series of seven that has only recently been completed. The whole series is excellent as the main characters search for the Dark Tower but for me the third book is the peak of the series.

I know that my favourite books on my profile do not list this book but I think it soon will. If you have read an excellent book then let me know as I usually only read books on recommendation as they seem to be better that way.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whilst on the subject of books, there is a biography about the early days of open heart surgery. I've got a copy of the book, but not read it recently. It is called King of Hearts: The True Story of the Maverick Who Pioneered Open Heart Surgery by G. Wayne Miller

 

Post a Comment

<< Home