Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Friday, June 09, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Firstly, I must apologise for the lack of a post on Wednesday. I could not log into blogger and so left the post on Thursday, but when I came to write a new post on Thursday my computer crashed and I have just got it back working.

I'm not going to spend the whole summer banging on about the World Cup but it is England's first game tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. This year I really think we'll win it. Hopefully there won't be too many penalty shoot-outs.

If somebody was to visit England at the moment they would think that we were the most crazily patriotic nation on earth. Flags on every other car, flags on the front of newspapers, shops, houses, t-shirts, even dyed into peoples hair. I'd love to know what the American tourists are thinking right now.

I always feel the urge to go outside and play football when the world cup is on, I don't bother for the rest of the time; I think that I want to emulate the players that are on TV. It was always the same with Wimbledon; every year I would be out playing tennis. It took me a while to realise that to actually become good at the game you would have to play all year round, not just when it was on TV.

Wish us luck wherever you are from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home