Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Saturday, May 27, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

Good morning (just),

a little news about the site first. The word is spreading, the major search engines have all picked me up and the blog can be found by typing obscure things into them. The brilliant thing is, people are not intending to come to this site, stumbling across it by accident and then staying here to read and returning everyday. The internet is a very powerful thing.

I guess this is proved by the second trade that is winging its way over here as I speak. Also I have been able to add four more flags to the flag counter down the right hand side of the blog.

Now a little more about me. When I was a child I used to go for check-ups very regularly with the cardiologist, they put me through all sorts of tests and at the end I always used to go to McDonalds as a treat. When I was fifteen my parents decided that I was too old for that so I wasn't going that year; I got a bit upset and needless to say what happened next we went to McDonalds after the apointment.

When I went to University I found that I could eat McDonalds whenever I wanted, I could even eat it for breakfast. Things don't taste anywhere near as good when they are no longer a treat; although I still go whenever I feel that I'm being too healthy. However, every time I have an appointment with the cardiologist my wife knows that we will be going to McDonalds and what might happen if we didn't, so I still get to go everytime.

Perhaps it is like a comfort blanket, if I know that we are not going then something might be wrong in the checkup. Or perhaps I just love McDonalds.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Hi Paul

I like it ... Our comparison is that just about every time we have to take our son to emergency at the hospital we haven't had our dinner and either McDonalds, Hungry Jacks (not sure whether you have that (aka Burger King) or KFC are usually our only options).

Enjoy the break ... it is closing on winter in Australia .. it was 16 degrees celsius and sunny today (sorry about that!)

www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home