Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Thursday, June 08, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

This is yesterday’s message which did not get posted because blogger went down.

Good evening,

The World Cup is very close now. I will of course be supporting England all the way but this year I’ll also be supporting all of the teams down the right hand side of the page (when they’re not playing England of course) five of which are taking part in the World Cup; these are Australia, France, Japan, Portugal and USA – Good luck to you all.

The World Cup is a great time for people to forget their differences and join together to just love football. I know greater people have said this in much more profound ways than I can so I won’t labour on it; I just wish it wasn’t once every four years that people feel like this.

I hope that if you are reading this in a country that does not have a team in the finals you will still appreciate the fantastic players and spirit in which they play.

Footnote: not sure what I’ll do when Australia play Japan on their first game, oh well, may the best team win.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

Aw come on - you have to go for the Country that came up with the first overseas trade ... good try anyway.

Good luck to all. I hope we make it further than expected.

www.beatinghearts4kids.blogspot.com

 
At 12:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must confess I'm not that much into football, but I might get interested enough to watch the final. I was born in 1966 and so for the last 40 years whenever I had to give my birthdate it was always the same comment back, oh world cup year. Perhaps if they win this year I won't have to listen to that comment anymore because 2006 will become world cup year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home