Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Saturday, June 30, 2007


To view the full story so far please click here.

A lot can happen in a week.

Last week the wonderful people at Salford University's marketing department crafted and distributed a press release for 'Money For Old Rope'. Within a couple of days I had been to Old Trafford to have my photo taken for the Manchester Evening News, and I had been invited to be a guest on Channel M's news at 9.

Channel M is a channel which serves Manchester (hence the M); however, what I did not realise until about an hour before I was due to be on the show was that anyone in the country can receive it through SKY digital and all programs are streamed live through their website.

Not only this but the piece was actually to be filmed live. Scary!

To their credit the people at Channel M were lovely and made me feel relaxed, as did two of the other guests who seemed so much more confident than me. My wife also helped me to calm down as she knows just how much I wind myself up before public speaking events. In the end - it went quite well.

I was on at 9.25 as one of the lighthearted news items after all of the serious news was out of the way and that suited me just fine. The interviewer was very friendly and asked lots of leading questions which helped me along greatly. The interview lasted about three minutes but it seemed to go on for eternity.

I recorded it to watch when I got back home and it was very strange watching yourself on TV. I will try to get it uploaded onto this site as soon as I can so you can see it in all its glory.

In the end I think it was very succesful, I got to tell the world (well, the few thousand that were tuning in) about what I was doing and what the charity does. Only time will tell whether it actually comes up with a trade.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 pm, Blogger Erin said...

Congrats! It's quite an experience being on the news huh? I remember doing it last year... I held my breath for the whole interview - thought I'd pass out cold. I hope it got you LOTS of exposure! Such a wonderful and selfless cause, you deserve all the support you can muster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home