Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Sunday, October 08, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

To be without a computer for over a week is an incredible experience.

I got my first computer in 1996. I didn't really know what to do with it; playing games is all I could really think of. So I bought Championship Manager 96/97 and started playing with it.

This wasn't the first time I'd used a computer, we had one in Primary School which had a guy named Pob on it. You could make him run, walk or even pop. I'd also got to use a computer in IT at school where I first met Windows 3.1. We thought "log on" was a hilarious phrase and got endless enjoyment every time the IT teacher said it.

We've certainly come some way since then. For the past week I have had no computer (albiet a few seconds on someone else's to check my email); your world stops with no computer.

It's fine if you are on holiday and you want a break from work, but to actually have to work without a computer is very difficult. Anyway, I have my home computer back and in a few weeks I should have a work computer.

So, I'm back now. Thanks for all your messages wondering where I was. A few weeks upheaval has put a dent in my 18 months timescale but hopefully it won't be too hard.

3 Comments:

At 12:23 pm, Blogger The Special Zipper said...

The project has been going for five months now ... amazing how time flies.

Come on Soccer fans .. this is an amazing opportunity to trade something of higher value than the strip (I think that's what you call it) that you may not need anymore.

 
At 10:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad you are OK!
365 days to go, so hopefully more trades to fit in yet!

 
At 7:44 am, Blogger Dan said...

Glad all is OK matey :D
I can't even imagine what'd happen if my computer went out on me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home