Money For Old Rope

Top Entertainment Blogs

Wednesday, September 06, 2006


To view the full story so far please click here.

A news round-up today.

I made it onto the radio!!! This blog was mentioned on Radio City 96.7 in Liverpool this morning; it was because my Mum wrote into them, so thanks for that Mum. City Fm have a large catchment area throughout the North West of England and North Wales and I did see a larger than usual contingent from this area yesterday.

My second news involves Liverpool's local newspaper: the Liverpool Echo. I call it a local newspaper but it has a readership of 400,000 and is the second-most read evening newspaper in the country. I am doing an interview with them tomorrow evening which should appear in a heart special which they are working on. I am really looking forward to it and think it will be an excellent opportunity to promote this blog, GUCH and awareness of congenital heart disease.

I thought that I would be stuck at 40 countries for quite some time but with the recent addition of Latvia and Luxembourg I am really pushing the boundaries. I have thought about starting a game where I ask the readers to try to get someone to visit the blog from a certain country each day. For example today will be Brazil, if you can think of a good way to get someone from Brazil to visit this site then have a go. I thought about perhaps going on a Brazilian message-board somewhere to promote the site but I don't speak Portugese. Anyway this is the challenge: get someone from Brazil to visit this blog in the next 24 hours.

I have just thought of how the contest can be judged also. You can use my new chat box which is in the right-hand side-bar to record where you have left links to this site; if I get someone from Brazil coming from that link then you win. I don't know what you win, just eternal adulation I suppose. Have a go it is fun. I was also thinking of a similar game where you leave a link to this site somewhere on the internet and leave the details in the chatbox. The person with the most hits wins.

As you can see this helps both you and me. I get extra visitors to my site and you get a way to relieve the boredom of work. Well, you wouldn't want to have to work at work would you?

That's it for now, leave me lots of messages in my chat box so I know that you are actually out there and it's not just my computer playing tricks on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home